Making 3/4″ wide bias tape.
Cut 1 1/2″ strips of fabric of your choice. You may need to cut one to several strips depending on the desired length. Keep in mind, if you need to join two or more strips you will loose a small portion of length when joining your strips.
This particular blog is making 3/4″ wide bias tape.
Okay, here we go 🙂
1. If you need to make your strip of fabric longer, place right sides of fabric strips together matching corners. Stitch at an angle from one corner to the opposite corner through both layers
2. Trim excess fabric, and press flat.
3. Place bias tape right side down, fold lengthwise with raw edges meeting in the center, press.
5. Fold over again, leaving one side slightly wider and press.
Tah Dah…Congrats you now have bias tape! Now, let’s have some additional fun! Attach your bias tape to your project:
1. Place bias tape on the edges of your project. Feel free to pin in place if it makes you more comfortable or baste stitch as you go to hold in place. Once you’re happy with the placement sew close to edge of bias tape catching all layers. Finish by forling the end under 1/2″ overlapping bias tape about 1 inch.
Copyright © 2012 Jessab LLC. All Rights Reserved.